Savoury Fenugreek Pancakes (Methi Na Poora)
Author: Mina Patel
- Handful of chopped fresh Fenugreek leaves (Methi)
- 1 Cup Chapati Flour
- 4 tbsp Sorghum Flour
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp Channa Flour
- 1-2 tsp Salt (add 1 then taste and adjust at end)
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 heaped tsp Cumin Coriander Powder
- 1 heaped tsp Garlic, Green Chilli, Ginger (pulped)
- ½ Tub Yoghurt
- +/- ½ Cup Water (lukewarm)
- 12 tsp Oil (for drizzling around the poora /pancake)
- Finely chop the fenugreek leaves
- Sift the flours into a bowl.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, cumin coriander powder and the pulped garlic ginger chilli paste.
- Mix in the yoghurt and add water in sparingly until you have a pancake consistency batter.
- Taste and adjust to suit you. (I needed the extra salt and also added extra green chilli)
- Heat your Tavi/non-stick pan on med heat.
- Wipe it clean with a sheet of greased kitchen towel.
- Ladle in the batter and use the back of the ladle to spread into a 16cm ish pancake.
- Drizzle a tsp of oil around the poora/pancake and allow to cook for a minute.
- Using a Fish Slice flip over and cook on the other side.
- Repeat until you've used up all your batter.