Fenugreek Flatbreads Methi na Thepla
This takes me about 25minutes to do as I cook and roll in tandem. If you are starting off roll them all out then cook them. This will increase your cook time but it does get easier. These freeze well and are great to have with any meal or even on their own with a nice cup of masala chai. Enjoy!
Author: Mina Patel
Recipe type: Easy
- 2 cups chapati flour (I use Elephant Atta medium brown)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Ajwain / Carom seeds (place in sandwich bag and crush by rolling with rolling pin)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- Handful of chopped fresh fenugreek leaves (methi)
- ½ cup boiling water
- Extra flour for rolling and extra oil for cooking.
- Combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add water sparingly and bring the flour together to make a firm dough.
- Divide dough into 12 equal portions.
- Dust with flour and roll out to 10cm circumference.
- Cook on tavi (non stick pan) on both sides (low heat).
- Transfer to another tavi (non stick pan) and drizzle a teaspoon of oil cooking on both sides. (Med heat)
- Press down with a spatula, remove and cool on cooling rack.