Cauliflower Peas Stirfry (Gaubi Matar nu Shak)
I served this with piping hot khadi, fluffy chapatis and a bowl of khadi. Absolutely delicious! But you could serve it as a veggie side to complement any main curry...the flavours aren't overpowering so work well with any meat / fish curries....Enjoy!
Author: Mina Patel
Recipe type: Easy
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 cup peas (frozen is fine)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Pinch asafoetida (optional)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 green chilli (finely chopped)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Cumin coriander powder
- Chop the head of cauliflower into little florets and rinse with cold water.
- Place a non stick pan on medium heat and add the oil.
- When the oil hazes add the Cumin and mustard seeds.
- When these sputter add the asafoetida.
- Now tip in the cauliflower florets and stir.
- Add the red chilli, turmeric, green chilli, minced garlic and salt.
- Stir, lower heat and place the lid over the pan and allow to steam cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the peas, stir and allow to cook through for a further 5 minutes.
- Finally add the cumin coriander powder, mix, taste and adjust as required.