This is a delicious quick way to jazz up a salad, fill a wrap or a pitta. I served these today with an easy yogurt dip and a mango salad.
Author: Mina Patel
Recipe type: Easy
- 2 blocks Paneer
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tsp tandoori masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp green chilli / garlic / ginger (pulped)
- 1 large dollop of yogurt
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cut Paneer into chunks.
- Place in a bowl and pour boiling water over the paneer a d ensure all the cubes are submerged.
- Leave for 2 minutes - then drain water.
- Add oil, and coat softened paneer.
- Now add tandoori masala.
- Red chilli powder, green chilli, garlic, ginger pulp and salt.
- Mix thoroughly ensuring all the paneer is coated.
- Now add the yogurt.
- Mix, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until you are ready to pan fry, grill, or BBQ.
- If you are pan frying use ghee or a blob of butter but add a tsp of oil to stop the butter burning.
- If grilling drizzle a bit of melted butter on the paneer tikka's as they cook.
- For BBQ skewer, then brush with melted butter wrap loosely in foil and cook on the BBQ for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with wedges of lemon and chopped coriander, serve with salad, wraps or pitta bread.