Coconut Quorn Curry
A mild quick and easy curry that even the mum approved of. Quorn can be easily substituted with earthier chicken or prawns.
Author: Mina Patel
Recipe type: Easy
- 2 green chillies
- Thumb sized piece of ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli + pinch red chilli powder
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bag Quorn pieces
- 1 can coconut milk
- Handful spinach
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Blitz the ginger garlic and chillies.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in your pan.
- Add the mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds
- Let them sizzle and splutter.
- Now add the onion and cook for two minutes.
- Add the turmeric, salt and then the Quorn pieces.
- Stir to combine then add the can of coconut milk.
- Allow it to simmer on a low heat for five minutes.
- Add the spinach and allow it to gently wilt in.
- Put the lid on and let it bubble for a further five minutes until the Quorn is cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and sliced red chilli, sprinkle of red chilli powder.
- Serve with rice and paratha.